Author Guidelines Peer Review Reviewers Focus and Scope Publication Ethics Copyright Notice Author(s) Fee About misconduct
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Information We Collect
When you use the journal sites, the journal may collect personal data about you in the following ways: directly from you; through automated technologies such as cookies; and from other sources, such as our business partners and data processors. The information may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, and social media handle;
- Demographic information, such as your age, gender, and educational, professional or other background information;
- Username and password;
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number;
- Educational, professional, or other interests;
- Comments, feedback, posts, and communications with other users of the journal services;
- Background check information (e.g., for job applicants);
- Photo or video (e.g., by closed-circuit television if you visit our office locations);
- Communication preferences, language preferences, or other preferences; and/or
- Other identifiers, such as a government-issued identification number (e.g., Social Security Number, tax identification number) or institution-issued identification number (e.g., student ID number).
Use of Your Information
Based on the history of your action with the journal, and with your prior consent where necessary during that time, the journal may use your personal data for purposes that we may notify you of from time to time where we have a legitimate business interest, your prior consent, or another lawful basis to do so. Detailed purposes in use of your personal data may include below:
- Performing any contract or other transaction we enter into with you;
- Providing, activating, managing and supporting our products or services;
- Notifying you about changes or updates to our Sites, products, or services;
- Communicating with you about our or our partners’ programs or events (including webinars, conferences, or promotional activities such as sweepstakes, contests, or surveys);
- Marketing our Sites, products, or services to you (including by delivering commercial emails, newsletters, targeted advertising, phone calls, and/or SMS messages);
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business (including enhancing and personalizing our Sites, services, products and communications; developing new Sites, services and products; and assessing the effectiveness of our promotions and advertising);
- Performing data analytics for internal research or other business purposes;
- Responding to your inquiries, requests, or other comments;
- Our initiatives such as Open Access, Open Science, or diversity and inclusion initiatives (for example, we may use information such as inferred gender to analyze representation and improve equitable outcomes);
- Complying with our legal or regulatory obligations.
The information entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.